Wednesday, October 7, 2009

yum

These are Mason's favorite kind of cookie. I don't make them very often because we can't enjoy them instantly. It takes planning ahead and patience, because everyone wants to help. Monday I decided to make this for family home evening. I had dinner prepared early, ready to go in the oven. I called the three little ones to see if they wanted to help. Everyone grabbed their apron, I wish I had a picture of that :0) We started rolling and cutting, rolling and cutting. Carson had flour from his head to his bottom. Not sure how it got on his bottom but he was white. After fhe we frosted and decorated...then enjoyed!

I know the colors aren't accurate for this shape. But I just had to make this shape too. I bought this cookie cutter in the spring and wanted to give it a try...all my kids did too. We are still enjoying the cookies. Another reason I don't make sugar cookies too often. I cut the batch in half and it still made a lot. YUM!!

5 comments:

Lana said...

you make the best sugar cookies! you need to post the recipe :)

I have a good life said...

What a fun mom you are! I need so much to be more like you. :)

Selita & Craig said...

You can share them with ME :) What fun!

Spudknit said...

I agree. We need your recipe! Those look yummy!

The Texas Bakers said...

What recipe do you use that makes so many? I love the kid-decorated ones. Yummy. My mom used to make me sugar cookies every holiday when I was in college. Unfortunately they were stale by the time they arrived from Alaska.