Thursday, October 1, 2009

Brian saved the day!

What a roller coaster day is was yesterday. I kept my calendar open so I could do whatever I wanted. First I planned on working on a project. I pulled everything out and realized that I had to make a run to Walmart for supplies. So like most moms I made a grocery list. Once I got home I started working. Earlier that morning McKinzie had offered to take me out to lunch, sounded great so far. While I was working I got a call from a friend that needed some help. Her car is having problems, which I tried to help her fix last week but she really wasn't interested in taking care of it. But this day she needed a ride to take her daughter to the Dr. No problem, I'll delay lunch. So off I went in pretty good spirits. After the appointment she needed to get a prescription filled, no big deal, we headed to Walmart. On the way we are talking about her car needing to be fixed. We find out that the prescription won't be ready for 3-4 hours. I'm now thinking my lunch has been missed and my day shot. So I explain that I can pick up the medicine and bring it over to her later. Saving time of going to pick her up, pick of the prescription, then take her back home. The thinks and hums around and decides that her car is in good enough shape to drive to get the medicine. So now I'm thinking what a total waste of a day. She could of taken her own daughter to the Dr! I come home very irritated. I wanted lunch with Kinz. Oh well, sometimes that's how life works, even if is your birthday.

As I get home Brian is working on my cake. My Mom is the only other person that has made a cake for me. I was touched. Then to find out he made me a "special" cake. Can you tell what it it? Use your imagination.
It's a camera! Brian is right...I love taking pictures.
I don't know if I've ever had a picture of me blowing out candles. Thanks Bailee for working the camera.
The kids wished me "Happy Birthday" over 2 dozen times through out the day. I found Hershey kisses everywhere. Really...everywhere.
Then when I was tiding things up before dinner, which Brian cooked for me, he tells me that he's not going to church. I was amazed! It's Wednesday and he always go to church. What a shock.
After dinner the two of us went strolling through the mall. I bought some clothes and another item that will go in my Texas themed game room. I'll show you when Brian can help me get it on the wall.
The day ended great. Thanks to my family and especially to Brian. I love you all!! Thanks for making my day great!

4 comments:

I have a good life said...

What a day! Wow. Now you have two lunch dates pending! That part will be fun. Brian did save the day. I am so impressed! :)

Lana said...

Happy BIrthday !!

Selita & Craig said...

What a great day and a great guy - Im glad it turned out good - you deserved it!

Anne said...

That's exciting that he made a cake for you!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY