Tuesday, October 20, 2009

wish us luck

Mason went to the orthodontist again today. This was his third visit in three weeks. Now he is set and won't need to go back until after Thanksgiving. He has an expander. He has a strong under bite that needs to be corrected. He also has headgear that he needs to wear 10-12 hours a day. Yes, that means he puts it on after dinner. He was a pretty good sport about it tonight. I'm sure that will wear off soon...like tomorrow. He let me take a picture of him and didn't care if I put it on the blog. But I didn't feel comfortable about that yet. I want him to see the picture and make sure he's OK for everyone else to see. Mason is very stubborn at times and gets embarrassed easily. I've already warned, almost threatened, the rest of the family not to give him a hard time about the headgear. If he wears it everyday for the 10-12 hours he could be finished in 6-8 months. Or it could take up to 15 months. I really want the quickest and I'm sure Mason does too.

3 comments:

Lana said...

I wore headgear and neck gear for two years...to school and everything. Mine was blue. I was like that dorky girl on the recess cartoon. i feel his pain.

also you don't want to move teeth too fast. J had braces that moved her teeth fast and she ended up with damaged roots:( this is very sad to me.

i hope he does great, it will be worth it.

Jay said...

Good luck, Mason! What a good sport! I got to wear a headgear too. I wore it at night, and everything worked out fine.

I did think maybe a new little baby was coming when I saw the title of your post! I had to hurry and look.

The Texas Bakers said...

I didn't have to wear headgear, but I did have my braces when I was 27 and pregnant with my first! I would rather have had them as a child, but, man, he seems so young still.
I, too, was hoping for some baby news...