Friday, October 16, 2009

fire ants

One of the annoyances of living in Texas, fire ants. We have had more rain than anyone can enjoy. When it rains and rains even the ants have to make changes. So this is what we get, their home above the ground. At least you know where to avoid when walking across the grass. I know many people that have allergic reactions to fire ant bites, such a bad reaction they carry epi-pens with them.


Although, when you look across the grass and can see half a dozen mounds it might make you feel like they are land mines just waiting until you get close enough to explode. At the same time there is this temptation to go and kick the mound and watch the ants scramble :o).

3 comments:

Lana said...

I don't match those stupid ants!

Selita & Craig said...

4 words - Ortho Fire Ant Killer - YES it works!

The Texas Bakers said...

I'm one of those people. I hate fire ants! I do want to go kick the mound, but don't. Usually.