Wednesday, October 21, 2009

update

McKinzie had her doctors appointment today. They monitored the baby for a bit and she also had a sonogram. The tech estimated that the baby weighs 9lbs 5oz. We asked how accurate that was and she said she has been off by half a pound. Ouch!! I hope that he is smaller and not bigger by half a pound. When Kinzie's dr came in, she was surprised by the size of the baby. She then asked me about my babies and confirmed that I had all my babies vaginally, including my 10lbs 9oz baby. I said yes, with a smile, and told her that I had expected McKinzie to have a big baby. Everyone keeps telling McKinzie that she is small...she is not small (sorry Kinz). I guess that's what you get coming from this family. I had big babies, my sisters have big babies, and my SIL's have big babies.

If nothing happens over the weekend, which probably won't, then she will go in on Monday and have a baby. Wahoo!! Finally a date to schedule life around. This past week has been killing me, like it's all about me...I know. But I've never gone over so I really don't know how she feels. I am now in unfamiliar waters with pitocin and a possible epidural. Both of us will be learning as we go.

Hang in there Kinz!! Just a few more days...then the real work begins. :o)
I need everyone out there to know that McKinzie really isn't as big as this picture makes her look. I choose a really bad angle. Sorry Kinz :o( I'll do better next time.

8 comments:

Jay said...

My best wishes are being sent to McKinzie. I'm sure she's walking and walking and walking, hoping to urge the little baby to get here soon!

nikko said...

Whenever they do u/s for size on my babies, they are always off by a lot. With M2, they thought he was a whole pound bigger than he really was!

Good luck!

Selita & Craig said...

Well I can really chime in on this one.....both my boys were over 9 lbs - 9lbs 8oz and 9lbs 10.5oz - they were both 2 weeks past due as well. the 9lb 8oz I had vaginally but the bigger one they had to take c-section because he didn't turn - and as we found that was a good thing because the chord was wrapped twice around his neck and he had it in his hand. But I have learned that God helps you forget those things once you look at that beautiful little face - so good luck Kinz - good luck g-ma and g-pa - I just know everything will be fine :)

Lana said...

poor Kinz! I heard that a pedicure sometimes puts a mommy into labor..and if not how bad is a pedi anyway?

The Texas Bakers said...

I am sure it is so frustrating to be still waiting. Yay, the end is in sight!

Rachel said...

I heard the pedi thing too... and I wanted to point out that those pants do not look maternity to me.... so she can't be that big...

Spudknit said...

Poor girl! If she does go the route of pitocin and epidural I would suggest timing the epidural with breaking the water. That is when the pitocin was too strong for me and will hopefully make it easier for her. Good luck to both of you!

Anne said...

Poor kinz!
No fun to go over due... it adds so much stress, which is totally self-induced ;)
Hope to hear good baby news today!