Friday, August 28, 2009

7 weeks...

I'm starting to get a little excited for this new little addition to our family. OK...maybe a lot excited! I've given most of my baby items away, I am finished. I still have a cradle, playpen, infant carseat (only because it can attach to the stroller I've been using), and stroller. We have already had friends give us a crib, let us borrow an infant swing and I think a bouncy seat. We are planning on attending "Just Between Friends" children's consignment sale in September. We are still looking for a highchair and a rocker/glider for upstairs.

Today McKinzie and I went to Target to sign her up for a registry. WE had fun! McKinzie asked questions like, "Why so many choices of bottles?" or wondered why so many pacifiers. I told her it is all a preference of what the mom wants. So, "Mom, what do you want?" She smiled and made some decisions. She decided to check out items at the consignment sale before she put them on her registry. I was impressed that she is very "OK" with used items for her first baby. Which I'm glad...baby items are expensive.

I've been struggling with the thought of throwing her a party/shower. I just can't do it. I love her!! and I am now excited for this baby, but I still can't throw her a party. She needs one, the baby needs one, but I don't agree with the decision she made, over 7 months ago. Her amazing visiting teachers stepped up to help. They are going to give her a baby shower.

We all have learned many things about ourselves during all this, and I'm sure we will continue to learn. I just hope it's not too painful.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I would love to come to the shower... So keep me in mind when the invites go out... Ive been there just a short 4 years ago...

This is so exciting!!

Robin said...

I would love to help or give her one... Let me know..I have some ideal what you might be feeling... Its exciting and scary all in one.. and you know whats ahead.. Let me know if you need anything.

Holly said...

I'm glad she is keeping good on the assignment I gave her =0)...I do have some ideas to run by you, and btw if the guest list ends up being longer that is totally fine with me! The more the merrier (and more stuff!)I'm glad to help.

AngeeBee said...

We are officially back from Mexico - well my cute husband is home on weekends... but if you need anything else please give me a call!

Our family send our love - especially my cute husband to yours!

Selita & Craig said...

Yes, your right - we may not always agree with the decisions they make or how they get to where they are but we love them just the same and I know that she knows that :)

I have a good life said...

Your family is amazing. McKenzie is lucky to have you. Baby is lucky to have you. I am lucky that you are my friend. Thank-you.

The Tall and Short of it said...

You guys are awesome!!! I am glad we are friends!