Saturday, August 22, 2009

On Broadway

Summer is almost over, school starts Monday, and I am still sharing about our trip to NYC. I guess I need to focus. Before the trip we had planned on seeing only one Broadway production, The Phantom of the Opera. It was great, the music, the costumes, the experience. Fun, fun!
On McKinzie's birthday, we decided to surprise her with another show, Chicago! They were both so different from each other. Chicago had next to no wardrobe changes, no change of backdrop, but the difference from any other show we've seen was that the orchestra was on stage, part of the show. I loved it. The music was great and the play was interactive with the audience.

This was just before Chicago started. Brian was struggling with when to smile for the camera.
We took three for four pictures trying to get a good one, well....this one won.
We have been able to see many Broadway shows. Lion King in LA, Les Misérables in London, Wicked in Chicago, now Phantom of the Opera and Chicago in NYC. All have been great, and would recommend them to everyone. But I would have to say Wicked is my all time favorite. Maybe because our whole family was there. After the show Brian bought the CD and we sang the songs in the car back to our hotel. We had soo much fun. Carson even remembers what it was about. Which will be next? That is a tough choice.

2 comments:

Holly said...

there are no words to describe how jealous I am!!!! I love love love both of the shows!! Phantom was the first musical I ever saw, and I was hooked on Musical theatre from then on! How fun!

Lana said...

Wicked was my favorite too. Cats my least fav. Phantom was awesome, Chicago was nak*d but the music was great! and he did have it coming :)