Thursday, August 13, 2009

bargain shopper

I like to think I am a bargain shopper, but this is by far my best bargain yet. If you recall, we put a new fence in because a storm came through and blew it down. The fence was not enough to make a claim, because we wouldn't reach our deductible for the insurance company to pay us anything. So we paid it out of pocket. Well, come to find out, the same storm did enough damage to our roof that we get a new one....FREE! Well sort of. We have met out deductible with the fence so we won't need to pay anymore. We will also be getting new gutters from hail damage.

On the picture above you can actually see what is called zip lines, like a zipper. If strong enough wind came through, it could pull our singles off like a zipper. Not good! Thus a new roof.

There were 10 -12 men out working from 9ish until after 8. A long hot day!


We all wanted to swim, especially Peanut. No chance until after dark today. Better late than not at all.


Here is our beautiful roof. I didn't think I would ever say that about a roof. But it's true. I do love it.

1 comment:

I have a good life said...

Sorry you had to get a new roof, but, it is true...it is beautiful and FREE too! What a deal!