Sunday, August 23, 2009

summer fun

With the summer about over, the kids had to get in one last friend fun.


On Friday, these friends invited us to the park. They even brought party supplies!

The temperature was low 90's, but muggy. The kids were putting ice cubes on their heads to cool off. I think it helped.

I don't know it you can see all of them. There are 9 kids posing. See the three peeking through the slats?

Then we rushed back to our house to cool off for real.

We have all had such a fun summer! My kids even had fun drying off.

OK, maybe having a dog isn't soo bad. Mason loves to love on him.

Now for the fun that is ahead. I know that many of you have wondered, and now that McKinzie has made a decision, we have some news. McKinzie is going to have a baby. There's been lots of prayers, lots of talks, fasting, more prayers, and more talking. Now we are ready to get excited! She is due mid to late October. She is having a boy!! She will continue to stay living at home and we will be here to help. Not do, just help (remember that, McKinzie). To the family and friends that are finding out about this here I want to apologize. We didn't want to share too much info until McKinzie had made some decisions. I didn't expect to be a grandma so soon. Am I really that old? I'm sure McKinzie didn't expect to be a mom so young either. Now we do the best we can. Our family has already seen blessings in our lives since this news has come about. It won't be easy, especially for McKinzie. But I know that we will all be blessed!

8 comments:

Selita & Craig said...

McKinzie has the best Mom as a role model - yes she may be young, but if she follows what she has been taught - she will be a great Mom! Good Luck and Great Blessings to you all!

Lana said...

You will be a wonderful Grandma and things will work out. McKinzie is a capable and sweet young woman and will be a loving mom. Good luck and our prayers are with you.

nikko said...

What a fun summer you have had. I have enjoyed all the pictures from your NYC trip!

My prayers will be with you and McKinzie, too. What a trial, yet what wonderful opportunities for blessings and growth! You will be a fantastic grandma!

I have a good life said...

We did have a great summer "party!" Thanks for coming. McKinzie really looked happier than I'd seen her in a long time on Sunday. I am glad. I love the name she has for him, too. It was a hard road no matter what. What a big decision. She is very capable. I am impressed, too, that you let her make the decision on her own. Y'all will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers still! :)

Robin said...

Let Mckinzie know that I love her. It will be a rough road but yu guys will do great.

The Texas Bakers said...

Wow, I had no idea! What a tough decision. McKinzie is a smart girl, though, and it will all work out. How can it not with such wonderful grandparents and a great family to help out?!?!

Spudknit said...

Congratulations Kinzie! And Alison, considering that you are only five years older than me, yes, you are too young to be a grandma. But you will still make a great one. Although, maybe Brian gets to be called grandma because of the crocheting?

The Tall and Short of it said...

You and txmommy, robin, & T.B. are so not the grandma type in my book!!!! Those babies are sooooooooooo lucky to have you guys as grandmas!!!!!!