Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Karlee...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Here is Karlee at one day old. She weighed 9 lbs 5 ozs. The largest of my girls. She was very loved, OK mauled by her sisters when we brought her home. She was a very good baby. Although, she wouldn't nap unless she was held. So...I held her. I loved holding her! This was the first baby that I didn't have to rush back to work. I was able to stay home and be a Mom. My dream come true. When she started talking, it all came out in full sentences. We could understand everything she said. I often would ask her if I could hold her. So in return when she needed to be held she would ask, "I hold you?"

This is Karlee's first day of "Mommy and Me" preschool. Two days before her third birthday. Besides her birth, she has always been a tiny girl.
On her 9th birthday with her two best friends. On the left is Jenny, they haven't been very close since boundary changes for school. They both cried when they wouldn't be together in 5th grade. The other friend is Britt, she moved this past summer far far away.

Spring 2008

A few weeks ago, Bailee mentioned that we should decorate Karlee's locker for her birthday. Great idea!! As soon as Karlee left for the bus, Bailee and I headed out the door. We get there and the door to the lockers are still locked. Then I am told that I need to talk with Ms. Edwards and get approval to decorate her locker. Sigh... I track her down and ask. She tells me that is fine, but no balloons. Great! I forgot the balloons anyway. Off we went to find her locker. Bailee did all the decorating. I'm there only for support. As we are getting in the car, we see Karlee's bus pull in. Whew!! that was close.

When I go meet Karlee for lunch, she tells me that someone decorated her locker and she didn't know who did it. So I tell her that is was me and Bailee, Bailee's idea. She smiles and gives me a hug. Then tells me that she feels special today. Yea!! I want all my kids to feel special. (One down and four to go.) At the end of lunch, Karlee tells me why she wore purple today. "It's the color of royalty." Princess Karlee, I hope you have a great birthday. I love you with all my heart! I hope I can help you feel special more often. Happy Birthday!!

5 comments:

Selita & Craig said...

That is sooo coool - and would you just look at those two happy faces?

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Karlee.
She is such a cute girl and what an adorable baby she was. You are a lucky Mommy.:)

I have a good life said...

Happy Birthday, Karlee! What fun to decorate her locker. How awesome! :)

The Texas Bakers said...

happy birthday , Karlee. She is such a sweetheart!

Lana said...

Happy Birthday Karlee!!