Saturday, May 2, 2009

More work!

As you can tell, Brian finished the path. He finished it weeks ago and we all love it! These past few weeks he has been working on taking all the grass out of the newly formed bed. The path I wanted, the flower bed not so much. I didn't want more beds to weed. Today Brian was out weeding early, I joined him about 8am. We decided that we wanted it finished today. New plants and all. Bailee joined us pulling out grass. The boys were gathering up rocks, which is fun when your 3 and 6. At about 1:30 we headed out to buy plants. Our last stop was Home Depot, in the middle of a down pour. It didn't stop us. We were determined to plant today. When we got home it had lightened up and we were ready. We planted about 85 plants. And finished for the day at 5 pm. Now we need to buy some bark, mostly to keep the mud from splashing up on the bricks. I can't wait until we have blossoms. All of these plants will return year after year, the kind we like. Now the real work begins. Keeping the weeds out.

2 comments:

Shon and Holly Shuldberg said...

Wow!! It looks awesome!!. I am so impressed. I need to get some of that green thumb inspiration. I am sure it will look amazing all blossomed out!! Great Job!!

I have a good life said...

That is a LOT of plants. And..I hate weeding, too. But...wow...I saw the path last week and the flower bed adds soooooooooooooo much! It is amazing. Great job to your whole family! :)