Friday, May 22, 2009

Field Trip

Another field trip. Yea!! I really enjoy going on field trips with my kids. The entire 8th grade class went on a math field trip on Thursday. They split up the kids. The girls went to the stockyards while the boys went downtown, then they swapped after lunch. It worked out great. While at the stockyards the students had a scavenger list of geometric shapes they had to take a pictures of.

I think they were struggling to find this shape.

When we were downtown they had to answer questions about materials that made up certain elements on the buildings, plus continue to find shapes. It was very hot downtown. Not near as much shade as the stockyards.


Here is a picture of the group that I was helping to chaperon. There were 20 girls to 3 adults. We all returned back to the buses safe. Whew!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember going on that same field trip years ago. lol. Wow!