Thursday, May 28, 2009

Senior Prom

Here is McKinzie and Jeff ready for her senior prom. I know you are thinking, a Thursday night? What's with that? Well, with the swine flu scare, our district cancelled all extra activities for two weeks. Luckily they were able to reschedule.

It was actually a good thing that the dance was later in the month. McKinzie chose to buy a dress that was not only strapless, but backless! I'm still in shock over it. She realized quickly that her jacket would not work alone. Se we brain stormed. We were able to find fabric that matched very well (surprise number one). McKinzie then spent a better part of a day hand sewing snaps onto the dress (surprise number two).






(Surprise number three) it actually turned out great. Our sewing skills are not that great. We wouldn't want anyone to look at it close up. But I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I guess I need to give McKinzie more credit.
You looked beautiful tonight Kinz. As always!

5 comments:

Lana said...

she is gorgeous!! and the dress looks awesome :)

Selita & Craig said...

Wow! She looks amazing...That is HER color!

Anonymous said...

wow I love the dress!!! Good job on the dress!

I have a good life said...

I couldn't wait to see the dress. And I was not disappointed. Gorgeous dress for a gorgeous girl! I hope it was as much fun as anticipated! :)

The Texas Bakers said...

Kinz looks beautiful! Nice job on the dress, both of you!