Thursday, November 12, 2009

perks

With Brian being the Bishop of our ward, our family has received many blessings. But Wednesday night was a perk to being the "Bishops wife".

The youth of our ward had planned a night of dinner and entertainment for the 55 and over crowd. When I first heard the age limit I was disappointed that I couldn't attend. Then I was invited to go with Brian! Wahoo!! Brian wasn't home in time for the event, because of work, but I went anyway. One Sister was surprised to see me and reminded me, in a fun way, that I wasn't old enough to be there. So I told her, with a smile, that I thought it was open to grandparents (wink, wink). She laughed. Then I told her I was invited because of Brian ...it's all about connections :0).

For dinner we had salad, and soup (in a bread bowl, yum). Dessert was ice cream sundae. The Deacons served and they did a great job. The food could of been mac and cheese and I would of loved it. It's nice to not have to cook every night.

These are the same Deacons. They did "Stayin' Alive". It was awesome!! I was so impressed.

They all knew the words and the moves.

Bailee, Jessica, and Ivy sang this song. Bailee was swinging her hips really getting into the song. I recorded the song so I don't have a picture of them performing.



The Priests did a remake, hip hop, of "Lost that Lovin' Feeling". It was different. Yup, that's all want to say about that.

The only two Laurel we have, did "Surfin' USA".


I think when the girls sang this song, it just might of been the first time they had heard it. They tried real hard, and had lots of fun. That's what counts, right??

The last song was "Respect". There were many more songs, these are just the ones that really stood out to me. They even gave out awards...golden trophies. The best overall was the, drum roll please.......Deacons!! No surprise. The whole night was great, I don't know when I laughed that hard. Everybody left feeling younger...isn't that what laughter is suppose to do??

3 comments:

I have a good life said...

How fun! I am jealous. What a perk!!! :) It sounds like a great night.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

they actually took the age down to 50 so we got invited

The Tall and Short of it said...

It was fun and funny!