Friday, November 6, 2009

fraud

On Wednesday I was reviewing our checking account online and found a pending charge for $349 that we didn't charge. We both got very nervous. I called the local branch and he told me that there wasn't anything they could do until it posts. It is possible that it may never post. We were not thrilled to have to wait and see. On Thursday I got back online and noticed another pending charge for $108, the first one had not posted yet. So I called the bank back and they also thought it was odd to have two. We had Brian's card considered stolen and now he'll get a new card in a few days. Today the $349 was posted, panic sets in. I called the banks 800 number to file a dispute, it should be back in our account in a few days. Hooray!! I called the company of the $108 to see what they could tell me. Evidently is was for a go phone. The guys name is Michael, and I even got part of his phone number. The woman on the other line told me that is wasn't approved so it won't go through on our account. Whew! When I talked to my bank and told them I had some info on this person they weren't interested...since it never was posted to our account. I was excited to have some information on this person in hopes to catch him. What a let down that the bank didn't care. I want him caught. We were lucky to have noticed it soo quickly. I don't check my account daily or even weekly. I guess we are living right. Such a blessing that only one transaction went through. I think I will monitor our account daily, OK maybe weekly. :O)

4 comments:

The Texas Bakers said...

How scary! I am always afraid that will happen to us. Very fortunate that you caught it so early.

I have a good life said...

Wow. Makes me think I need to be a better monitorer, too!

Selita & Craig said...

We definitley reviews our every couple of days....its too easy now for someone to use/charge stuff against your account.

Jay said...

Yikes! I'm glad you are caught it and got it taken care of quickly. Darn dishonest guy!