Tuesday, December 27, 2011

christmas eve

Christmas Eve was very nice.  We enjoyed a family dinner then had a little program before the kids opened a present.


This is Mom's china.  I love it!! 


For Christmas Eve Brian usually reads the Christmas story.  This year I thought we would try something different.  I had the kids act out the story.  I found an easy script online with songs.  Karlee directed, acted, was the costume designer, and chose the cast.  She  was also our pianist.  She was awesome!!





There were times it got a little silly, but we all had a good time.  I'll keep the script and will try again next year.

Time for presents!

Adam received a recorded story from his Grandpa Dave and Grandma Roberta.  He wasn't sure what to think.  He kept looking behind the book trying to find them.  :)



With my parents gone, and Brian's parents giving us family gifts this year, the kids opened up gifts that they gave each other.  I think everyone enjoyed it more.  It was a very nice evening.  






No comments: