Friday, August 5, 2011

family

I was able to stay a few extra days in Idaho after the wedding to hang out with my family, mostly my Dad.  Sunday happened to by my nephew's mission report.  It was a great sacrament meeting.  I truly enjoyed every part of the meeting.  His Dad also spoke, he's the Bishop of the Ward.  He talked about his travels he's had over the summer.  His trip to Hong Kong. Then his trip to Germany, Israel, and Poland.  He was with a group of teachers learning about the Holocaust.  He explained why he enjoys learning about such a horrible time in history.  He learned about individuals and their stories.  That it's important to know them as individuals, not only as a group of people.  He also talked about how everyone had a choice.  From the victims to the guards.  They all had a choice.  We all have a choice.


My nephew Jake, in the middle, and his friends.



I am very grateful that schedules worked out so I could stay with my Dad for a few days. I'm glad I was able to give my sisters some time off and be the care giver.  I worry about him every day.  Some days are great, then he has a day that he can't be left alone. 

I know you read this Dad...  Thanks for letting me hang out with you.  I love you!!!

No comments: