Sunday, June 7, 2009

Strawberries

I read on a friends blog, nikko, about her going and picking strawberries. I thought "too cool". She told me where it was and we had to go. When I told Karlee about it she got very excited at the thought of soo many strawberries.

While we were picking Brian noticed that the kids were picking here and there. Brian then told them to slow down and pick all the ripe berries before they move on, we both grew up with large gardens. So I told him that it really didn't matter here, people will be down that row many more times today. It wasn't our responsibility to pick all the ripe berries. Old habits are hard to break. While we were picking Brian started weeding. The weeds were driving us both crazy. So I would step on them so I could get to the strawberries. That wasn't enough for him, so out of the dirt they came.




We picked about 8 1/2 pounds of strawberries. I was able to make 5 batches of freezer jam, and still had some left over for snacking. Those jars are beautiful!!


4 comments:

Natalie said...

Those jars are beautiful and I'll bet tasty too.:)

Selita & Craig said...

You will have to let me know where that is.....that looks like something I would love. Especially since my own plants are not producing much this year!

nikko said...

How funny. I ended up picking some weeds, too. ;o)

AngeeBee said...

Ok... I need that info... I'll be calling! Our kids would love to do that - and I have to keep them busy while my cute husband is on business trips!