Thursday, February 11, 2010

school closing

I just got a phone call and school is closing early. It is still snowing huge flakes and we are supposed to received 6-8 inches total, I bet we get more. As I sit in the house and watch it come down, I'm a little giddy. It's beautiful! I feel like I'm back in Colorado.

Now the dilemma... Karlee has piano lessons tonight. If we don't go her teacher doesn't offer make up lessons. Not that I have a free night for a make up lesson anyway. I know Karlee would love to have a night off. What to do, what to do.

Another thought, I am about to start making sugar cookies to take to Mason's Valentine Party tomorrow. If school is cancelled I will have dozens of yummy sugar cookies to give away. I might become the cookie lady as I drop them off around the neighborhood, I just can't keep that many around here...I will eat them. Not to mention that Brian doesn't need the temptation either.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

oh let her skip a lesson, it is getting dangerous out there. Love your new blog background!

Anne said...

I had the same dilemma- we cancelled.
I'm greatful I got the call early enough that school IS cancelled that I didn't spend hours finishing all the boys valentines! Looks like I have 4 more days :)