Wednesday, February 24, 2010

It's amazing...

we all don't weigh over 300 lbs!! It's even more amazing that Brian has lost over 100 lbs and is still losing weight. All we do around here is make goodies. This is the most recent treat that we all love and I'm sure will make again. Bailee loves to cook. She has even found new recipes for us to try.




Thursday night is a Relief Society Meeting that I won't be able to attend, so I will share my chocolate treat here...
Cake Truffles

1 package chocolate cake mix (plus all the ingredients to make it)

1/2 cup margarine softened
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup flavoring (seedless jam, peanut butter, caramel, etc.)
2 pkg. milk chocolate squares or chips for dipping
Prepare cake as package directs; cool then crumble. In medium saucepan melt butter; add cocoa and sugar. Stir until smooth. Add vanilla and flavoring. Stir until smooth and glossy. Remove from heat. Add mixture to cake mix, stir until well blended and moist. Melt chocolate and dip chocolate cake balls into chocolate. Place on wax paper and let set. Enjoy!! Makes anywhere from45 to 70 truffles depending on the size of the balls.

Bailee divided the cake in half and made two different flavored truffles. Peanut butter and caramel. She added more flavoring than in the recipe to have more flavor. We loved them all!
Bailee is making donuts. We got a cool donut pan and mixes for Christmas from my sister Terri. We love it!

Karlee wasn't able to attend an activity day, so the ingredients were delivered to our house and she made a pie. YUM!!
You need to realize that these treats are among our weekly chocolate chip cookies that Bailee, Karlee or I might make. We can never have too many cookies around here.


When we were in line at Walmart Bailee started browsing through a recipe book, we're finding out she's a lot like me. She found a yummy recipe in Taste of Home. I told her I use them online all the time. That she needed to go online and find it. So she did. Within a couple of days we had Penne Gorgonzola with Chicken. We've never had gorgonzola, WOW it has a lot of flavor. Luckily I read the reviews and had Bailee only put in half the amount and it was perfect.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Penne-Gorgonzola--with-Chicken

With a busy schedule after school running kids around, Bailee has become our personal chef. She would rather follow a recipe than warm something up out of a can. She is willing to try anything. Thanks Bailee for all your help. You are a great cook!

3 comments:

I have a good life said...

Wow! You are cooking up a storm at your house! Love it. Why can't you be there tomorrow? You are missing out on a great lesson! :)

nikko said...

I love cake truffles! SO yummy! I need me a personal chef somedays, too. Or maybe just a nanny. LOL.

The Texas Bakers said...

Man, I need a Bailee at my house! Or maybe not, because then I probably WOULD be 300 lbs!