Thursday, May 10, 2012

it's only a card

This past Tuesday I went to go by my MIL a Mother's Day card.  As soon as I saw all those cards I lost it.  I couldn't open them up and choose one.  I have been doing so well for weeks.  At that moment all the pain came back.  I knew the rest of the day would be rough. 

I sent Brain a text and asked him to pick out the card this year.  I told him I'd still mail it, but I couldn't read them.  I'm surprised at how difficult it was to stand in the card aisle.  Mom past away in April 2010.  The next month I went and bought a card for my MIL.  I actually did OK.  I looked at only a few.  I needed to choose quickly.  Last year I don't remember it being too difficult.  This year is a completely different story.  It goes it show you you never know when it's going to hit.

So now I ache.  I just want to buy her a card...

1 comment:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

you could buy her a card and then again it would not be all that satisfying sorry for your pain --Ifeel it too