Friday, October 1, 2010

happy thursday

I'm not usually very excited about my birthday. Growing up birthdays were very simple. We would get our present before school, often in a bag because my mom didn't have time to wrap it. Always had cake after dinner...and that's about it. I'm not complaining, it was great. For our kids I know we have gone overboard, but I do want it to be memorable.

Thursday started out the same as every year, I wasn't very excited, and busy like every other "mom" day. I met Brian for lunch downtown at Razzoo's, best ribs in town...have I mentioned that before? I loved it. One of my favorite lunches with Brian. I don't know what was different. It was relaxing. I made my cake and when Bailee got home she said that was wrong, I shouldn't have to make my own cake. I then asked her who has been making it for for the last married years? She frowned. (Brian made my cake last year. It was awesome!)

Karlee had a tennis match in the afternoon. Brian was able to get off work and hang out at the courts with me. Karlee played mixed doubles and won 7-5, then played singles and won 6-4. It was great! She couldn't stop grinning.

It turned out to be a great day. I received many texts wishing me a happy birthday, flowers, cards, gift certificate for a facial and massage (from Brian), "love" letters, and many people sang "Happy Birthday" to me (not all were family). My in-laws gave me this patriotic snowman and Texas towels. How did they know I have a love for both!?! I love it!!



It ended up being a great day, but kinda simple. No big family dinner, no candles on my cake. It was great! Thanks family and friends for making my day memorable.

2 comments:

Jay said...

So glad your day was good. Simple can sometimes be the very best! Happy B-Day to a great friend!

Anne said...

I'm so sorry I missed your Birthday this year...

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!!