Saturday, October 9, 2010

friday

This week I have been surprised at how much a one year old and a five year have in common.

They both love to swing, swim, have snacks, ride in a shopping cart (Carson on bottom), and have my attention. They love to be chased and play peek-a-boo. They both love to be " loved better".

I know I am a slow learner...but this Grandma thing is kinda fun. This past week I have truly enjoyed Adam. He is such a happy, and busy boy. On Wednesday Carson sat on the floor across from Adam and they were playing "fetch", as Carson called it, with a football. They were both giggling and having a great time.

Friday, Mason had a presentation in class about George Washington. When he first came home with the assignment he told me he wanted to dress up for the presentation. I was shocked!! That is not him. As time went on and he worked on his poster he was still wanting to dress up. So two days before the presentation Brian figured out clothes for him to wear. Minutes after he tried them on he changed his mind. Of course we were upset. Brian went searching to find him something that would work. We could not sway him in any way. I still sent the clothes with him to school just in case he changed his mind. Nope! I decided that it really wasn't a big deal. His presentation was what he was being graded on. The rest was just fluff. I'm not a fluff kind of person either. I'm thinking Mason is more like me that I thought. Good or bad it's just what it is. He did a great job on his presentation...not nervous at all (maybe not like me). He is doing great in school. He received his report card on Friday and he has a high 80 in one subject and the rest are all high 90s. He is such a smart boy!!


No comments: