Monday, October 11, 2010

TOFW

Last Friday and Saturday I attended "Time Out for Women" in Plano. It's the third time I've attended and it was GREAT!! The music and presenters were amazing. But that's what I expected.
Michael McLean preformed the music for Friday night. Then Hilary Weeks preformed Saturday. They are both amazing entertainers. I have both their music.




The presenters were Deanne Flynn, Emily Freeman, Mariama Kallon, Wendy Ulrich, and Brad Wilcox (not pictured). They all had great advice. Did I mention that the theme was "Infinite Hope"? I think I took more notes that I ever have in my life.

This woman's story was amazing. She grew up in West Africa, during wartime between the government and rebels. The things she experienced were amazing. Even more amazing is to hear the hope that she was able to find, and continues to have on a daily basis. She is such an inspiration.

Here are just some of the women I went with. There was probably 10-15 more that attended this conference. We all had a great time.
When I got home Saturday evening I felt calm. I enjoyed my family even more. I think I needed this to decompress.
I was reviewing the dates and locations for next year. It's been many years since I had a "sisters weekend". I think I'll send out some feelers to my sisters and SIL's and see if I have any takers. I know we would have a blast!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. It's great to spend time with friends and then to hear such amazing stories and music.