Saturday, October 2, 2010

homecoming/conference weekend

Our date Friday night was Boswell's Homecoming. It was fun. I love the excitement at a football game. It's a bonus when we win...which we did!!! The dance team was great and the band. Another bonus for living in Texas...marching bands are amazing.
There is this crazy tradition at Homecoming in Texas. I still don't understand it but here's proof. The girls receive these enormous mums from their boyfriends and the guys get garters. This is the first time I've seen a garter this close up. I didn't get a picture of the girls, I didn't know her. But you get an idea from the side.





Kinzie got one from her boyfriend her Senior year. Hers was very modest compared to the rest, but she was still excited.


Minutes before we left on our date I found this great conference bingo card online. I quickly sent it off to be printed at Walmart and picked it up after the game. This morning I lamented it seconds before conference started. We have used conference bingo for at least 11 years. This year I spiced it up a bit.


Bailee is all dressed up again. She's going to Homecoming dance with some friends...girls.

Then tonight I got a wild hair. Since Brian was at the Priesthood session and Bailee was at the dance, I took the other three to Yogurtland. They loved it. The yogurt, all the many toppings and the excitement of someplace new. Even Mason loved it, he's the pickiest of all my kids.


No comments: