Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Birthday Girl

Today Karlee is 12 years old!! Wow! How time flies. Because of crazy schedules after school today, we celebrated her birthday early. Last night we went downtown to Razzoo's for dinner. Then had cake and opened presents at home.

Today I will be taking her lunch, as I do with all our kids on their birthday. The other day she asked me if I was going to bring her lunch. I asked her how long will I need to do that? She said until she moves out. I laughed, she smiled. Unfortunately for her, taking her a birthday lunch is only through middle school. Sorry Karlee.


Bailee gave her some cash for her birthday. This has been her excitement with every gift.
One of the things she wanted was changing her room. I kind of struggled with that. It hasn't even been a year since the last time this room was painted. I know, that was for Kinzie and Adam. But still...only a year. I finally agreed but told her the bedding had to have red because of her desk and bookshelf. She was ecstatic and started checking out bedding online. After only a couple of days we found this. We ordered it then had to wait for it to arrive. She was hopeful to have it finished before her party so she could show off her room to her friends. The pressure was on. We only had one Saturday before her party, luckily nothing was scheduled for that day. The bedding arrived on Friday. That night about 8 or 9 pm we went to choose paint. Brian started the flowers on Saturday, but they took more time because paint had to dry. The morning of her party Brian is finishing up the flowers and I was pressing curtains. The party started at 1 and at 12:30 we were finished. Whew!! That was close. I think it turned out great.



Karlee, I hope you've had a great birthday. WE love you!!!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday to cute Karlee.

The room looks great!!!!!!!!!