Wednesday, September 8, 2010

tropical storm hermine


I drive this road every day, many times a day. In the 7 1/2 years we have lived here and through all the storms, I have never seen this road flooded. The fields along the road often, but never have I seen water crossing over and causing this road to be closed.
McKinzie lives only a couple of miles from us, but with the rain and multiple roads closed due to flooding, it took her 50 minutes to get to my house so I could watch Adam.
We are expecting more rain. Definitely a day to stay home.

3 comments:

The Texas Bakers said...

Crazy, right?! The boys said their bus had to drive through flooding to get them to school this morning!

nikko said...

So I am seriously missing out here. I can't tell from the picture what road that is. Is it Boat Club? CRAZY!

Alison said...

It's Boaz, near Old Decatur.