Saturday, April 11, 2009

ZOO

Since school was out on Friday, I decided to take the kids to the zoo. Carson had been asking to go. The last time we went was last year for a field trip with Mason's class. I'm sure he doesn't remember.

This top picture was what I saw most of the day. The back of the kids as we watched the animals.

This is Karlee's friend Kat. When Karlee found out that she would be changing schools when she started 5th grade she was in tears. Her best friend was staying at her old school. She now has made a new best friend. This past week she was telling me how glad she was that she is at her new school. If she hadn't changed she never would of met Kat. Now on a sad note. Next year, due to boundary changes again, they both will be in different middle schools. I guess Karlee will have friends everywhere. That's not such a bad thing.

Usually when we feed the birds, you are almost attacked. Not this time. Karlee looks quite bored. We waited a long time to feed these birds.

Mason is concentrating so he doesn't spook the bird.



In the Texas area, there were many phones for the kids with stories. Carson loved them. That had become one of his favorites. When we first got to the zoo, Carson wanted to pet the animals. Mostly the zebras. When we were checking out the reptiles and they moved, he didn't want anything to do with them. He always asked if they were real. Sometimes that was good. Sometimes not so good.




Only Karlee and I touched the stingray. Everyone else was too chicken.












I think all the kids had a great time. I know I enjoyed spending the day with them. It was a beautiful day and not too crowded either.






1 comment:

I have a good life said...

What a great day! How fun. With all the schools out, I am surprised it wasn't crowded. How lucky! We almost went to the zoo Friday, too!