Thursday, April 2, 2009

Field Trip


Today the First Grade class had a field trip to the Omni Theatre. I have been many times with my kids and I have loved every bit of it. Today we saw "The Deep Sea". Very cool! There are soo many plants and animals at the bottom of the sea that we never hear about. There was a California ____ Shrimp, I don't remember the whole name, that is about 11 inches long that stood up to an octopus and won! It was exciting to watch and learn how the fish help each other survive and help the environment to grow. There are soo many interesting things in this world to learn about. Another thing that really stood out to me is that scientists wonder how the Coral Reef in the Gulf of Mexico, eight days after the full moon in August spawn. They don't have brains or eyes to observe their environment, yet they all send out eggs in hope of life. I don't wonder. It's Gods hand. What an amazing world we live in, all because of our Heavenly Father!

2 comments:

Lana said...

I thought that was really interesting too.

Fun trip!

The Texas Bakers said...

we saw that film with my family at Christmas and loved it! Who knew scallops made that clacking noise and could move so fast?