Friday, February 27, 2009

School carnival ...

Every year the elementary school has a carnival. I think the funds are used for playground equipment. Being how their school opened this year we could really use more equipment. Karlee especially thinks we need more. She would like swings. I agree with her, it's not a playground unless there are swings. We had a pretty good turnout. Luckily another mom volunteered to take care of the carnival, so I didn't have to even though I am the room parent. I think we had a parent to fill every half hour slot. In Mason's class it was another story. Besides the room parent running it, I was the only other parent that volunteered to help. I'm getting rather irritated with these parents. I do understand how busy life is. I don't do PTA, or the fundraisers. But come on, half an hour to fill in at the carnival. Oh well, I'm glad I'm able to help. All of the kids love the carnival every year. Mason and Carson loved the bounce houses the most!






Carson loves to play golf on Wii, so of course he had to to try. Overall it was a successful day, once I got over my bad attitude. Sorry about that.


1 comment:

nikko said...

I felt the same way about the lack of parental involvement. I think we had 2 parents sign up total. Luckily Jennifer picked up the slack. :o)

And my boys think they are pros at golf (from playing the wii), too. It was funny to me to see them struggle with the putt putt!