Friday, February 27, 2009

New Carpet!!

We had Empire Today come out last week, the 19th, to talk about carpet. We decided to do the whole house. Wa hoo!!! Thanks Bri! Then they told us they could do it next day, just like they advertise. We were shocked! So that afternoon I started to clean out closets and haul things out into the garage. Brian and kids worked most of the evening, since I had already scheduled visiting teaching appointments. That night we had it all cleaned out, except McKinzie still had to finish her room in the morning. It felt like we were moving. We were exhausted! Since we have a waterbed, we slept on the floor. I think I am still recovering. Friday morning they arrived at 9:40 am. I believe their were seven guys here. They were going to do the entire house in one day. Yea!! All finished at 5:30 pm. and it looked great. They moved the furniture which really saved a lot of work for Brian and myself.


Carson had a lot of fun playing in the bedding. There were times he even jumped off the couch into the blankets.


This carpet is my favorite. We put this color in the living room, dining room and the master bedroom. There are times I want to sit in the room and stare at it.



Then yesterday morning I notice "this"! Not cool!! The carpet is coming out in pieces. The backing is still attached to the floor. Come to find out we need to replace all of this style. It is all bad, the entire roll. The guy came out today and agreed that is needs to be replaced and it is scheduled for next Friday. Luckily there isn't much for us haul out, but we need to empty our waterbed again. Yuck!! I think we will empty it early in the morning, then put it back together ASAP. We don't want sleep on the floor again. Our fingers are crossed. The upstairs carpet is fine. I know carpet makes a big difference in a house, but it is still amazing at how much better the house looks. It looks NEW. We love it. Now one more week. This time I think I will test the carpet before they take if off their truck. Just in case.



2 comments:

Natalie said...

The carpet looks great. Sorry you have to do it again. It really is like moving, but it's so nice to have brand new carpeting. Enjoy1

I have a good life said...

The carpet is awesome. I can't wait to see it in person! :)