Friday, February 6, 2009

Dare...







Last week I had a friend basically dare me to go without Diet Coke for 5 days. She recently tried to stop and could only make it 5 days and admitted that she is addicted. I laughed at her. Easy I thought. I didn't agree on the spot, but as I thought about it I thought it was a piece of cake. So Monday I started, easy. Tuesday, doing great. I even text her and told her how easy it was. Thursday afternoon hit. I was irritated, short tempered and ready for the kids to go to bed. So I started wondering if I was "addicted" to Diet Coke. I will admit that I drink it partially out of convenience, besides the fact that I love the taste. I often have it with lunch, mid afternoon I often have a soda, sometimes in the evening. As Brian and talked about it we still think it's more of a habit than an addiction, I never felt shaky or had headaches. Today, day 5 ... I made it! Still, in the evening I struggled at times with all the noise. After work tonight, Brian asked me how I was doing, then told me now that I made it I should have a soda. He wanted me to feel better. He noticed too. Maybe I do have a slight addiction. I think I'm going to cut back. I don't want to give it up completely. I love it too much!
I don't know why the picture is soo big. I checked the small box. You've got to admit that it does look refreshing.

5 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

they say when you make it past the 5 days the cravings and headaches are gone

I have a good life said...

That is funny. I was there for the dare and didn't think you'd really do it! Good for you! :)

Natalie said...

I had a chance today to catch up on your blog. I am so sorry about Ziggy. I know just what you mean. One time our 18 yr old cat Heidi disappeared. I knew she was gone. Just when I was talking to my dear friend about her husband who had recently died, the little girls came in and said, "Mommy we found Heidi sleeping in the bushes." I knew she was gone and I cried too. I felt kind of silly because here is my friend crying about her husband an I am crying because of my kitty. She was very understanding though. Animals are part of your family.
I miss you guys.

The Tall and Short of it said...

LOL! I am so proud of you!!!!! I can't stop laughing! I so wish I would have checked out your blog sooner!! Did you have the soda??? How are you doing now?! We cut back sometimes, when we want to!!
I hope you know that I totally was not saying you were totally addicted and it was bad. . . I know that Michael and I are totally addicted! We didn't have the shakes either but sometimes I just can't live without it! I guess I feel that I have control over that and not much control any where else! You know there could be a lot of things much worse to be addicted to! Someday, hopefully sooner than later, I will work on this??!!
GREAT JOB ALISON!

The Tall and Short of it said...

You made me want to go get a soda!!! YUMMY! Can you hear the bubbles??