Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy (late) Valentine's Day

I know I'm late. I guess that's what happens when life happens. But I wasn't late with my family. Isn't that what really counts? Brian sent me roses. As traditional as this is, he can never go wrong with roses!

For preschool this last, week the boys decorated cookies to give to their families. D was sick so it was just the boys. L wasn't too sure about getting his hands dirty to make cookies. Although, they both loved putting sprinkles on.

The pink was L and the purple was Carson. I'm not sure who used more, possibly Carson.





We had an ice cream party for Karlee's class. I came into class the week before and the kids volunteered to bring the toppings and whatever I needed. They were great. I've been to many class parties, all of them. And this was the first time that not one parent showed up. Yes, I know there is a woman on the left of the picture. She is a Mom, but did not stay and help. Just came and talked with the teacher. I was surprised and disappointed. I wasn't able to go to Mason's class. I've never missed a party. I didn't get one picture! Needless to say I was a little ticked. We have one more party left in April. I guess I better start getting something figured out so I can get some parents involved. Luckily I will only have Mason in elementary school next year. That will be great!




2 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

how sweet

Jay said...

L loved those cookies, especially the sprinkles. I hope the parents come out of the walls for the next party. It's harder to get parental involvement for the older grades it seems.