Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Pilobolus

Many many months ago we got this email about Pilobolus. We had never heard of them before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cBqzI7uSOw

After we watched the dance behind the screen, we were hooked. So COOL!!

Last week Brian and I went to see them at the Bass Hall. It was interesting. Out of the four dances only one was behind a screen. Still very cool. We sat in row V, and I made the comment to Brian during intermission that about 10 or 12 rows closer would be perfect. The dance after the intermission, WOW. Let's just say, I was grateful to be in row V. Any closer and I would of been able to count the freckles and hairs on the men's bodies. There were four and they were only wearing G-strings. Both Brian and I didn't know what to think, other than we were glad that we were in row V. I will admit the control and strength they had was amazing. There were times that they were skin to skin to skin as they moved slowly and controlled across the stage. It was a new experience of the "arts" that's for sure.

1 comment:

Jay said...

I hadn't heard of Pilobolus before now, but that was very cool. And yes, sometimes the "arts" can be, aaahh...very interesting.