Friday, January 16, 2009

LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!! I can't believe that it is her last day of school. She doesn't really graduate/walk until June. But "no more school, no more books, no more teachers dirty looks"! I think she is very excited. A little upset that her best friend didn't get her act together to finish with her. But she will be excited next week when she doesn't have to go to school like everyone else. I keep telling her that I'm going to give her a necklace with "BFF". We can spend everyday together. She is quite nervous and is hoping to pick up some daytime hours to keep her distance. That's ok, we can still do lunch and shopping. I think it will be fun.

I still remember her first day of school, probably better than the other girls. I owned a salon, so of course,I was working full time and McKinzie had always gone to some time of daycare. But for some reason it was really hard for me to drop her off at school. I didn't know any of these people. They were total strangers and yet I was leaving her. What kind of Mom was I? I thought about her all day, with tears in my eyes. (As I type this I'm getting teary eyed again.) Brian surprised me and picked Kinzie up from school, only half day, and we all at lunch together at my work. I loved it and was able to see that she was fine. I don't know why I worried soo much. Her teacher, Mrs. Talison, was a grandma. What could go wrong with that.
Congratulations Kinz!! You are a beautiful young woman and have soo much good ahead of you. You can do anything you want. I hope you know that. I also want to make sure you know that I love you very much, so does your Dad. Enjoy whatever you do next, and I will encourage and support you in whatever you choose. All my love!

4 comments:

K said...

Tell her congrats on finishing early. I read that she is looking to pick up extra shifts at work. Is she willing to babysit during the day?

Lana said...

Oh my goodness, she was such a cute little kindergartener!!!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

What a cute kindergartner and Congrats Kinzie I know she is excited but I would love to still have her in Seminary She is positive leader in the class

Anne said...

Way to go kinzie!! That is awesome!!