Monday, January 26, 2009

Goal ...



One of my goals for the year is to learn how to sew (sew better). I did take 4-H when I was growing up. The outfit I made I modeled it at the State Fair. Although, I don't remember what kind of ribbon I won, if any. I have sewn some simple curtains, but I don't think I could follow a pattern. I'm very excited to try something new, and extremely thankful for Gretchen for her patience and talent. With the first class down she, and everyone there, was practicing patience as my machine kept jamming. I was having issues with the thread knotting up. As it kept happening, I remembered why I don't sew. It was not fun. I think we figured it out, Gretchen that is. Now we are making aprons, which I am looking forward to wear. We are also going to learn how to do appliques to put on the pocket. I'll keep you posted. I'm sure my Mom will be shocked to find out that I am sewing. She has always sewn. Out of six daughters, only one sews (and I don't think she enjoys it). I have already found a panel on clearance, from the holidays, that I want to do. Sewing could open up so many possibilities. I can't wait!

1 comment:

AngeeBee said...

I am very much like you! I can sew curtains and straight lines... but I have to learn more about 'real' sewing! Gretchen is very talented and generous with her time and talents! Good luck... and if it doesn't work out here is a link for some super cute aprons:
www.flirtyaprons.com

I love them!