Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to the grind!

What a wonderful day it is! Don't mind the fact that is is raining and if lucky 32 degrees outside. Also, that I have loads and loads of laundry to do. It is a wonderful day because we are back to our routine. Don't get me wrong. We have had a wonderful Christmas break. We have seen movies, been shopping, us girls were able to get our hair hi-lighted, we were even able to finished a few daunting to-dos around the house (thank you Brian). But today the kids are in school, wahoo! And Brian is at the office, in town, double wahoo!! My chores are getting done while I sit her and blog, way cool. I love electricity, btw. The washer is washing, the dryer is drying, the dishwasher is washing dishes and Carson is watching his favorite, "Pirates of the Caribbean". I'm so enjoying today that as I put my Holiday dishes away I'm not too sad. These dishes get pulled out of hibernation for Thanksgiving dinner and stay out until the New Year. I'm ready, maybe it's because I really like our daily dishes. Maybe I'm the one around here that needs routine more than anyone else. What ever the reason, it's a wonderful day!



This last week Brian was able to finish painting the boys room so we could move Carson upstairs. Those two boys were sooo excited. Every night they have gone to bed great. I hope I didn't just jinks myself.

With the move of Carson upstairs, we were able to move the computer out of the kitchen into his old room. It is now a computer room/playroom/food storage room/sewing room/ and office for Brian when he decides to work from home. Quite functional actually.

2 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

Routine is underrated and nice i enjoyed going back to Seminary the teens all had a nice (I have been w/ my family and away from school) glow about them I know they truly gain their strength from family time

nikko said...

I agree, the routine is as much for me as it is for the kids.

We have the same bunkbeds! What a fun new room you have.