Sunday, January 18, 2009

I love Sundays!

We have church this year at 1:30. I know most of you say YUK!! I like it. I feel like I get soo much more done, not work. Most Sunday I would fit in a nap, now I can sleep in. The kids can all shower Sunday morning instead trying to find time on Saturday before bedtime. There was a lot more whining on Saturday then on Sunday. I'm able to reread the lessons for the day, write in my journal (not every Sunday but more than usual), catch up on blogs, help my girls with Personal Progress, and Faith in God. The list keeps growing. We don't watch TV before church, only after. I'm sure that is the largest reason we accomplish soo much more. Most of the time the TV irritates me. We only watch TV on the weekend (I got that idea from txmommy years ago). Friday after school starts the weekend. Some days the kids really struggle with no TV. Most days it works to our advantage. Homework gets done much easier, and this year all of the kids are reading more. I've even had time to sit a read to them or for myself. Back to Sunday. With church being so late in the day we all interact more. The kids play together in the mornings and help out with what ever they are doing. When we get home after church, around 5, the night does go fast. It just seems the afternoon time works well for our family. Even Mason commented this morning that he liked having more time before church.

4 comments:

nikko said...

I love it for all those reasons, too. But, it's awful for toddlers!

I miss our naps and mandatory family quiet time that we used to have in the afternoons, but I really enjoy the relaxed pace that we have to get ready for church.

Jay said...

The mornings of sleeping in and enjoying each other's company are great! But I'm so tired by the end of the day. Luckily, bedtime isn't too far away when we get home!

Anne said...

I agree with you!
I don't like moving to the 830 church...it's too early for us :) I do like the naps, although we haven't managed any so far this year :(
And I do the video games only on weekends, and your right- it helps out with homework and family time so much! (my kids complain, and every day they ask if it is friday yet!!) HAHA

AngeeBee said...

We wanted to send an 'Hola' from Mexico! We got your Christmas card and loved the pictures! We miss you!