Monday, August 27, 2012

yay for school

The first day of school is always exciting. One of the best parts is our schools have changed their bell times. The boys don't start until 8:25.  The girls start at 9:05.  We were able to sleep in an extra 30 minutes compared to last year.  And we still had time to read the Book of Mormon before school.  It's starting out to be a great school year!
 When I dropped off Carson in his classroom I was surprised again that it was hard to leave him.  We both shed a few tears.  He's in first grade now, we've both done this.  This is crazy!!
 Mason is very excited to be a 5th grader.  Man!  I can't believe how big my kids are getting.
 Karlee is a Freshman.  Her first year in High School and I didn't even drop her off at the curb.  Since Bailee drives she took Karlee.  I threatened Bailee that she couldn't drive today because I needed to take them on their first day.  But then I would of had to pick up Bailee mid day and take her to the HCTC.  So she drove...

I really did buy Karlee new pants. But no she had to wear the ones with holes in the knees.  I don't understand.

Bailee is a Senior!!  This could be her last year at home.  She considering going away in the Fall to live among her peers and have some crazy great fun with roommates.  When she graduates she'll also be licensed to do hair, which is way cool because she'll need a job to have come crazy great fun.  ;)
 Carson and Matthew
Mason didn't want me to walk him to his class.  I guess he's just too big for that.  So after I dropped off Carson I headed up the stairs in search of Mason.  Sometimes the students sit in the hall until school starts.  I wasn't sure where I would find him.  I was thrilled to be able to get this picture from the hall.  When he first saw me he turned away.  Then he looked at me with a not so shocked face that I was taking his picture.

I love my kids so much.  I love that school is back in session.  I love how peaceful my house is at the moment. 

 

No comments: