Friday, August 31, 2012

family

While we were in SLC we drove up to Ogden to see Brian's grandma.  Brian's parents were able to meet us there too.  We had a great visit.  We've heard that Grandma wasn't doing very well.  We thought she still looked great.  Yes she now uses a walker, and she's lost some weight.  But she's also 91 years old.  If you count little Harley that McKinzie is carrying, this is a 5 generation picture.  ;)
 

Once Aunt Diane realized we were driving she loaded us up with some goodies.  Julie was already sending cucumbers home with me.  Diane gave us more cucumbers, tomatoes, zucchini, cantaloupe, banana squash and three loaves of Great Harvest bread.  All of it was yummy.  McKinzie and I, mostly me, snacked on tomatoes on the drive home.  Geoff and I were the only ones to eat the squash.  I felt youthful again.  Growing up I had many summer meals straight out of the garden.

Diane pulled out this most amazing book while we were there.  It's called "Pioneers and Prominent  Men of Utah".  It was published in 1912.  Brian's Great Grandfather was in it, plus I was able to find my Great Great Grandfather and his family.  It also had pictures of the men too.  I was able to make copies and I've already sent copies to all my siblings.  The older I get the more interested I am in knowing my family.  OK maybe it's not because of my age.  I think it's because my parents are gone.  I'm trying to connect and remember all of them. 

No comments: