Sunday, August 26, 2012

sisters weekend

A couple weeks ago I was able to fly to SLC and spend a few days with my sisters.  We had a blast!  Friday night we went to an outdoor theatre and to watch 7 Brides for 7 Brothers.  This tractor and wagon was giving rides up to the theatre.  We decided to walk.
 


...and walk.  For some reason when we left it was also up hill.  I'm not sure how that was possible.



Saturday we spent the day shopping at City Creek Mall.  I believe it opened up this summer.  It was beautiful.  The design of the buildings and landscape.
I knew we were close to the temple but I didn't think I'd be able to get any pictures.


Don't these apples look amazing? YUM!!

For lunch we went to the Red Iguana.  I had the chile verde chimichanga.  Very good.  For an appetizer we had Killer Nachos.  They were A-MAZ-ING!!  I hope I can go again sometime.

We then headed over to IKEA.  Brenda and Aarin had never been.  Brenda checked out every little nook possible.  We were there for hours.  Our only concern was we wanted to make it over to the Cheesecake Factory for dessert.  We made it.
I had the raspberry lemon cheesecake.  Terri had the mango. I think the mango was my favorite.

Aarin had a red velvet cheesecake.  It was huge.  Then we had a couple of chocolate mousse and one other I can't remember. 
Sunday morning we went to watch the broadcast of Music and the Spoken Word.  It was in the Conference Center.  It was my first time to see the inside.  It was amazingly huge! 
It was a great weekend.  Although, Jeannette wasn't able to attend due to work.  She was greatly missed.  We laughed, ate, laughed some more, went shopping, ate, and laughed even more it that's possible.  It's been four years since the last time we got together.  I hope we continue to make it a priority every few years for just the sisters.  :-)

No comments: