Friday, May 28, 2010

cub scout

The anticipation of going to your first pack meeting...for both of us, turned out great. :0)



At school on Thursday Mason made a card for me that read, Dear Mom, I hope you will have a good time while I'm at boy scouts every time I'm at it. Love Mason. Scouts have been on his mind a lot lately. Mine too. I didn't finish putting on his last patch until a few hours before we were ready to leave. But it was ready and waiting for him after dinner.





When we arrived we were both a little nervous, then we found a friend. His pack presented the colors, I think that's what it's called. Mason was included even though he didn't know what to do. The Webelos included him in their skit too. He was in heaven. About half way through the meeting Mason leaned over to me and tells me it's better than he thought it would be. What a relief. We didn't get home until after 9, which was a bonus.


There is soo much to scouting. I'm sure I'm going to be lost...I'm lost already. I guess that's what leaders are for. I'm hoping I can help Mason earn something, anything, before the next pack meeting. Yea!! for cub scouts!!

7 comments:

Kathy said...

he will do great and so will you. April is the advancement chair and she can help you with anything you need. Also I need to come visit Mason before his baptism. What time is good for yall?

Lana said...

how cute is that!
We are counting down the days until cubs around here.

Natalie said...

What a handsome little scout. Oh you will learn all about scouting very, very soon. It will be so much fun.

Selita & Craig said...

I enjoyed scouting with my boys too.....you guys will have so much fun and so many memories :)

marcia@joyismygoal said...

YEs what a cute scout you will do so well you might get to be a den leader:) Just start reading through the book w/ him the first few are fairly easy to do together:) I loved doing cubs w/ my sons

I have a good life said...

We are so excited to have him in scouts. Now that you are reading up on what to do....you can train me!!! He looked so handsome in his cub scout uniform and he looked like he was having fun, too! Bonus for me: I got to sit next to one of my best friends!!! :)

MadreBug said...

We're so excited to have him in scouts, also. Go through the Bobcat Trail with him. It's quick and easy. Please, don't hesitate to call with any questions. I love the scouting program and the benefits it has for our boys.