Tuesday, May 11, 2010

boys

Sometimes Carson's thinking makes perfect sense. There are three days in our week around here. School day, bacon day and church day. Carson was telling Kinzie that he couldn't go to her house on bacon day because he had a primary party to go to. Kinzie asked when bacon day was. He told her it's the day we have hash browns!! Silly boy. Most Saturdays Brian makes breakfast for us that consists of eggs, hash browns and bacon. That's how bacon day came about. I'm not sure what he's going to call weekdays when summer gets here.

When we went to Idaho in April Carson was telling the family that we made him walk all the way. All of them know we usually drive, so they were in awe at this comment. Then he says, I had to walk to the first plane, then the second plane, then the third plane. That sure got a laugh from everyone. Just to clarify, he never complained about walking.

Mason is going to be 8 in a few weeks, so he will be starting cub scouts. After his ortho appointment Monday we went to the scout shop to buy his cub scout shirt and all the things he will need. He was so excited. He asked if he could wear his shirt the rest of the day at school. I told him it was for meetings, not school. On the way back to school he read from his Wolf Handbook. Now you need to know that Mason doesn't mind reading, but rarely reads without encouragement. This morning he asked if he could take his cub scout book to school at read. He is soo excited for all the fun he will have being a cub scout. The first week that school is out is Twilight Camp. He lucked out with his birthday being only 2 weeks before that so he can go. This is a new experience for me. I hope I'm up for the time that scouting will take. :0)




Tonight Mason's school had displayed artwork that the kids had finished in class. They were beautifully matted and framed for a school fundraiser. They wanted $27 to take it home! I guess I'm cheap. I told Mason that when he brings home the assignment I can go buy a frame much cheaper and we can still put in on our wall. He was disappointed that I wouldn't buy it to take home. When I compared it to him spending his money that he is saving to buy a DS game, he understood. Money lessons are hard to learn. I hope he can understand at an early age.

2 comments:

Jay said...

I can just hear Carson talking about his "walk" to Idaho! So Funny! Hurray for Mason getting to go to Twilight Camp. Learn all the scouting stuff and pass it on to me for next year!

The Texas Bakers said...

I think everyone should have a bacon day. Love it!