Thursday, December 13, 2012

Harley has arrived!!

This precious girl came into the world on 12-12-12!  At 7:43pm in Denton, TX.  She weighed 8lbs 6oz, 21" long with a full head of hair and super long pointed nails.  She's PERFECT!!

Right now she looks all Shuldberg.  But we'll give her time.  Adam also started out all Shuldberg and now he looks so much like his Dad it's crazy!
 We went over this morning to meet this sweet girl before all the kids went to school.  Adam isn't too sure about her.  He did give her a bottle then in a high voice he whispered to her and said he had to go play and he would be back. Super sweet!

McKinzie and Geoff have been debating her middle name for months.  There was no question what her first name would be.  While were passing her around for everyone to have a turn McKinzie told us that her middle name is going to be Laretta.  The tears started to flow.  That's my mom's name.   As I type this I'm surprised with the emotions I'm feeling.  Happiness and sadness all rolled up in one.  I can't wait to tell her all about her namesake. I have a feeling I'll shed a few tears for awhile as I think about her middle name.  Thank you McKinzie and Geoff!  You're both very thoughtful to check with Dad first about naming her after her Great Grandma Steel.


No comments: