Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Eve

Early in the morning Carson asked me if I had something to help him sleep.  I said I did and he smiled.  I asked him why he needed something.  He told me he wanted to go to sleep fast.  Around 12 Mason asked me if he could have something too.  :)  These two boys were so excited and they had hours to go. 

 The boys made these ornaments at Cub Scouts last week, thanks to my assistant Chrissy!

 Christmas Eve was a very nice, rather relaxing day.  After the house was tidy, the laundry in motion, and the tenderloin in the oven I started to work on my last Christmas gift,  a flannel blanket for Harley.  Well...my machine died.  Luckily I already had a couple of items already finished to give her.  Brian took it apart and with all his "experience" with sewing machines, he couldn't save it.  I truly am disappointed.  My plan was to sew it into the ground before I bought another.  So this week I'm going shopping!  WAHOO!!  A new sewing/embroidery machine here I come!!
 Shortly before bed we sang a few Christmas carols then Brain read from the Bible about Christ's birth. All the kids chose a gift to open.  Adam (and I'm sure Harley) got a book from his Grandpa Dave and Grandma Roberta that they recorded.  I think they did this last year too.  A great idea!


All four of these kids opened their presents from Grandma and Grandpa Shuldberg.  They were spot on!  They all loved their gifts! Way to go Grandma!!


This poor kitty gave us a scare this past weekend.  For about two days he didn't hardly move.  Seriously, one spot all day.  Brian and I took him to the vet and he had a very high temperature.  They gave him some meds and by Sunday afternoon he was getting up and acting like himself.  I'm soo glad he's better.  WE  would sure miss Oscar.  (Oops!  I need to cut off that #4 tag. It's a new tree this year.)

Around 9:30 I gave the boys a natural sleep aid and I was shocked at how well they went to sleep.  They never came out to tell me they couldn't sleep. Nor did they play in bed.  I think every year I'll make sure I have something on hand. 

No comments: