Friday, July 13, 2012

tough day

This is last years.  Big 72!
It's Dad's birthday today.  I can't believe that he's been gone almost 9 months.  It started being tough many weeks ago.  Brian had scheduled a trip to Denver today to spend time with his brothers without knowing what today was.  I wasn't looking forward to spending the day alone, without him.  My goal, since February, is to go to the temple on my parents birthdays.  I didn't want to go alone today.    Luckily some changes happened and Brian was able to attend the temple with me this morning.  I was up at 5:30 so we could fit in a session before his flight. 

I've tried to keep myself busy, because I didn't want to think.  After the temple I started working on McKinzie's birthday gift.  I can't wait to share when I'm finished.  :0)  Terri asked me months ago about sharing my pictures of Dad's funeral.  So today I did.  (I actually looked through Mom's pictures too.)  It wasn't good timing on my part with it being his birthday and all.  But I had some time, so I sent all my siblings a link.  Then I took the boys and their friend, Jacob, to see a movie.  Afterwards they went for a swim.  At 10 I finally tucked them into bed.  Now...all I'm doing is thinking of him.  I hope I can get to sleep tonight.  I have a feeling that my mind isn't going to stop.    

I was going to list a few things I miss about him.  But I can't.  It's too hard...maybe another year.

No comments: