Sunday, September 30, 2012

Lubbock


Friday Brian needed to drive to Lubbock for the day.  He knew he wouldn't be back in time to make our date so he invited me to ride along.  I was able to make a few arrangements and go. 

The ride over was nice.  He wasn't on calls the whole time so we could actually visit.  I dropped him off at the CSC for maybe 2 1/2 hours.  During that time I was hoping to pick up Adam's birthday gift, but they were out.  Since it stopped raining I decided to go by the temple.  It was beautiful. And very peaceful. 

I ended up making it back to the CSC early and played with the settings on my camera.  Next month I'm taking an online workshop hoping to improve my photography skills.  I'm nervous.

The drive home was more of a challenge.  There were a number of slowdowns and the drive home was just plain long.  Overall I'm glad I went.  I enjoy spending time with Brian.  We have some great kids.  We really don't worry when we leave the kids at home.  Karlee did a great job helping Carson get ready for a friends birthday party and helping Mason with whatever he needs.


Saturday was an extremely busy day.  First we went to a fundraiser pancake breakfast for Mason's 5th grade class.  We had also volunteered to clean the church building, our kids were not excited.  At noon Brian and I attended a convert baptism.  Brian and Mason started and finished Mason's pinewood derby car.  Which is a good thing.  The Derby is this Tuesday. 
Brian offered to watch Adam while McKinzie and Geoff continue to car shop.  Still no luck. :( 
 
I met some friends for dinner then we all went to the RS Broadcast.  It was a great day.  We just had to stay on task to do all we had planned. 

No comments: