Saturday, September 8, 2012

first 10K

These past two weeks I haven't been able to run until the boys were on the bus.  That meant I was running in the sun.  Well it's been HOT lately.  Especially this past week.  Triple digits all week.  Running in the heat is almost too much.  I had decided that I would run this 10K then I would stick with 5K's. 

I had been watching the forecast all week.  There was a chance that a cold front would move in and the low for Friday night would be 67.  At 9 PM the temperature was 92 degrees.  I was becoming very concerned.  When I woke up this morning and headed out the door it actually felt cool, a refreshing 67.

My run went very well.  The first two miles was a little tough, like usual.  Mile four was super easy.  There were sections that was uphill and yet I increased my pace and felt very strong while running. 

My time was 1:03:24, better than I thought I would do.  I haven't been able to get the stats of the run.  I'll need to update later. 

My last two races  I've left shortly after I finished.  This time I felt like sticking around and hearing the results.  I'm so glad I did!!  In my age group I ran the fastest time!  WAHOO!!!  When Brian and heard that third place was 1:08 we both looked at each other and grinned.  It was kind of cool.  The kids were shocked as well. 

When we got to the car we noticed a flier for another 10K in October.  As we started home I started thinking that maybe I'll run another 10K.  To be honest it is a great confidence booster to place. 


Results:  As far as I could tell there were 78 runners, I was 43rd.  There were six women in my age group.  I didn't beat many, but I beat enough.  :) My pace was 10:13/mile

No comments: