Thursday, September 8, 2011

I did it!!

About late July I decided to run a 5K.  I told a few people and the most common response was, why?  I don't have a reason other than I want to.  I've never ran in my life.  I played volleyball in Jr. High, and I was on the drill team in High School. I want to try something new, something hard but doable. 

My goal is to run 4 days a week.  This is the first week I've been able to do it.  Yay!!  Once all the kids are off to school Stella and I head out. The farthest I've ran is 2.1 miles. Not a lot, but I run the whole way and there are a few good hills.  I don't expect to be fast.  My goal is to run the entire 5K.  Anybody can walk it, right?  The race is in December and I'm a little concerned if I'll continue to run when we're on vacation.  We'll be gone a week for the wedding, then another 5 days for Thanksgiving.  I hope I stay strong.   
The wedding plans are coming along.  There have been a few times I've had to be firm and tell them I need a decision today.  They don't like it but they finally tell me what they want.  These next two months are going to be crazy.  In the middle of planning we have birthdays every couple of weeks.  By the time the wedding arrives I don't know if any of us will be up for cake.  Three birthdays in September, two in October and Bailee on November 1st.  It's insane. 

Also, with all my focus on the wedding (I'm even dreaming about planning), I have totally dropped the ball on blogging about our trip.  I've got to focus.  I only have Beijing and it's only four days.  I can do it!


On Saturday I ran again. Five times in one week...a record!

No comments: