Sunday, April 11, 2010

Mom...

Mom passed away on April 3. I haven't wanted to blog about it. To be honest...I don't really want to talk about it. Whenever I do, I cry. Sometimes just a few tears, other times I sob.


She was born on February 8, 1941. So no, she wasn't very old at all. She was fourth of six children. She had 11 children, I was number 8. 40 grandchildren and 3 great-grandchildren.


I've mentioned before of the things she taught me. But the two most memorable is that she always made her bed everyday and never allowed anyone to sit on her bed once it was made. NEVER! The other one is if I ever needed a reason not to do something or go somewhere, I could blame it on my mom. She always said that's what mom's are for. When there were times I didn't want to go with a friend, I would blame it on my mom that I couldn't go. She was great!


I've been in Idaho most of this week and I'll be heading home Monday. I went to church with Dad today. WOW, that was hard. Last night while I was trying to fall asleep, I realized that I wouldn't have Mom to sit by in Relief Society. Then I realized that I was glad I stayed through Sunday so Dad would have somebody to sit with during the rest of the meetings. He did better than me. When ever someone made a comment about Mom, I cried. During Relief Society I almost started sobbing. A dear friend of the family, June Pettichord, sat by my side and gave me many hugs.


Saturday all the girls went through most of Mom's clothes. It really wasn't difficult. Most of the clothes brought back great memories. Mom had great taste in clothes. Dad was amazed, and wondered out loud at the cost of all her clothes. She enjoyed shopping. Over the years Mom has lost weight and then gained it back, as many women do. She kept everything. Because of that there was something for everyone. We were all able to take something home and will be able to wear it.


I'm going to miss chatting with her, asking about a recipe, advice about kids...or just hearing her voice.

9 comments:

nikko said...

(((hugs)))

Kathy said...

Mom's are the best! Your a great mom too. I am sorry for your loss, I am sure it is a great one. HUGGS!

Natalie said...

I'm sorry. I really am. It's soooooo hard to lose your Mom. You have my deepest sympathy. Isn't it wonderful, though, that we have the gospel and you know you will see her and be with her again. That is one of the greatest blessings that we have. You will be together again.
I'm sending you lots of hugs and I will pray that the Lord will bless you with comfort and peace.
Love you.

Selita & Craig said...

My heart goes out to you. I know you have great support in your sister, your family and your faith. I know its hard and time does make it a little easier but keeping her close in your heart will help you get through it. Peace be with you and your family.

Jay said...

Thinking of you. HUGS!

I have a good life said...

What a great tribute to an obviously special lady!

How could she not be special...she raised a daughter like you! :)

See you soon. Love ya.

The Texas Bakers said...

I'm so sorry about your mom. I know you will miss her so much. ((hugs))

Anne said...

I'm so sorry for your loss right now ((HUGS))
What a great person she must have been.

Shon and Holly Shuldberg said...

I really loved your mom. She was a great woman. You are a great woman, too, you know.